Welcome to the new school year! Portland State University’s Planning Club has been busy getting together a fine selection of events, the occasional meeting and elections for 2011-2012. Planning Club is committed to bringing information and events related to planning in all its forms to the PSU community and we welcome your involvement in our activities throughout the year.
If you have any questions about anything regarding Planning Club please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Club Social Hour and 2011-2012 Officer Elections
Current Planning Club Charis will be at Pizzacato in the Urban Center at 11:00 on Friday, September 30th for an informal meet and greet for those interested in learning what we do for the PSU community, and of course how to get involved. We will be holding elections for Planning Club Officer positions as well as MURP Student Reps next week! A list of all Chair responsibilities is listed below.
Party in the Park ~ Volunteer at the PC Booth!
Planning CLub is staging an informational booth at the PSU Party in the Park on Thursday, September 20th from 11:00-2:30. We would loe to have a few additional volunteers to staff the table and speak to interested students about the club. If you are interested please contact PC Chair Andrew Parish at email@example.com.
Policy in Motion FOunder Lauren Michele will be speaking with us about her new book, “Policy in Motion” Transportation Planning in California after AB 32.” on November 14th at 12:30. Location TBD. Visit http://policymotion.com for more information
Listed Below are all of our current Chair positions which are up for re-election this year.
Planning Club is holding its annual fall elections. Planning Club officers are elected annually to overlapping two-year
posts, with the newly elected officer for each position assuming most day-to-day duties after an appropriate training
period. PSU students of any program, undergraduate, graduate, full- or part-time status are eligible.
● Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on October 5th if you are interested in one of the positions. If only
one individual responds for a position, they will automatically receive the position.
● Feel free to contact the current representatives if you have any questions about the positions.
● The elections will be held online via OrgSync.
Current Chair: Andrew Parish – email@example.com
• schedules meetings and booths at Party in the Park and Party Near the Park
• submits quarterly reports to Student Activities Leadership Program (SALP)
• works and ensures the smooth flow of all Planning Club functions
Current Treasurer: Chloe Ritter - firstname.lastname@example.org
• manages annual Student Fee Committee budget request, which involves developing budget, submitting online, and
attending budget review meeting
• assists planning service events
• handles miscellaneous SALP requirements
• manages conference registration funding requests from PC members, which involves receiving applications from
PC members and submitting online information to SALP
• chairs meetings in absence of the Chair
Social and Service Committee Chair
Current Social and Service Committee Chair: Scotty Ellis - email@example.com
• plans, advertises and facilitates Planning Club social events (once a month)
• assists with or coordinates planning service events
Current Communications Chair: Elizabeth Hampshire – firstname.lastname@example.org
• coordinates communications regarding monthly meetings, events and various other items;
• takes detailed notes at monthly meetings
• manages membership encouragement and retention
• works closely with the Student Services Coordinator, as well as with various SALP staff, for
Current Chairs: Alison Wicks – email@example.com and Molly Biehl – firstname.lastname@example.org
• helps identify brown bag topics and speakers
• plans and facilitates brown bag events
• coordinates the creation and distribution of brownbag fliers and promotional material
● The below positions are not directly a part of Planning Club but typically use Planning Club as a forum and
gathering/dissemination point. These positions are open to MURP students only.
● The following positions are for MURP students to provide input regarding the program.
● Appointments or elections to these positions will also take place online. Email email@example.com if you are
MURP Executive Committee Student Representatives – two 2nd year MURP students
Current Representatives: Andrew Parish – firstname.lastname@example.org and Colin Rowan – email@example.com
This position will be open to election in Spring 2011
• attends the monthly MURP Executive Committee meeting
• communicates MURP desires to the committee
• reports back to the Planning Club all relevant information from the committee for distribution to the MURP students.
Faculty Committee Student Representative
Current Representative: Michael Weidmann - firstname.lastname@example.org
• attends the monthly faculty meeting
• communicates relevant information back to the MURP student cohorts (This is shared with a 2nd year MURP so you
only need to attend meetings every other month)
Alumni Board Student Representative
Current Representative: Tara Sulzen – email@example.com
• attends monthly Alumni Board meeting and assist the Board with various fundraising and professional-development
• communicates relevant information back to the MURP student cohorts
National American Planning Association Student Representative
Current Representative: Mark Person – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Coordinates PSU student involvement with the National APA
Oregon Chapter of the American Planning Association Student Representative
Current Representative: Jake Nitchals – email@example.com
• Coordinates PSU student involvement with the Oregon Chapter of the APA